2016 Auto Expo: Renault Kwid 1.0 Easy-R to be unveiled
The Renault Kwid has got a flying start in the Indian market, thanks to its SUV-inspired styling. At the 2016 Auto Expo, Renault will add a new variant to the range, called the Kwid 1.0 Easy-R. As the name suggests, the car will get a 1.0-litre engine that is expected to produce over 75PS of power and will rival cars like the Alto K10 and the Eon 1.0. The Easy-R suffix points towards a automated manual transmission (AMT) belonging to the family that Renault previewed at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show.
The 800cc version of Renault Kwid shown for representation purpose only
The model will differentiate itself from its 800cc engined sibling with a '1.0' badging on the door cladding and the boot-lid, while an 'Easy-R' decal will find space on the C-pillar, much like the 'AWD' decal in the Duster AWD. A chrome grille could come by default on the range-topping Kwid 1.0 Easy-R. More details and photos coming soon from the show floor. Stay tuned.
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet