2016 Auto Expo: Maruti Ignis compact SUV concept unveiled
Maruti Suzuki unveiled the Ignis concept compact SUV at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Ignis is based on the iM-4 concept that was showcased at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show and was showcased in India for the first time.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis concept features a huge grille with squared off projector headlamps with LED DRLs. A single slat chrome strip runs across the grille with the Suzuki logo bisecting it. The bumper gets a large dam with fog lamps surrounded by chrome bezels. The wheel arches are beefed up and get plastic cladding to add to the SUV quotient. It has a 180mm ground clearance.
The interior features a dual tone colour scheme with 50:50 split seats at the rear. It gets a touch screen infotainment system and steering mounted audio controls too. The Maruti Ignis concept gets a 4WD system with hill descent control. Expect Maruti Suzuki to offer ABS and EBD as standard on all variants.
The Ignis may come with the 1.2 -litre K -Series petrol unit and the 1,3-litre DDiS SHVS diesel unit. Maruti Suzuki will launch the Ignis later this year and it will retail through Nexa outlets.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 4.89 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector