2016 Auto Expo: Maruti Ignis compact SUV concept unveiled
Maruti Suzuki unveiled the Ignis concept compact SUV at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Ignis is based on the iM-4 concept that was showcased at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show and was showcased in India for the first time.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis concept features a huge grille with squared off projector headlamps with LED DRLs. A single slat chrome strip runs across the grille with the Suzuki logo bisecting it. The bumper gets a large dam with fog lamps surrounded by chrome bezels. The wheel arches are beefed up and get plastic cladding to add to the SUV quotient. It has a 180mm ground clearance.
The interior features a dual tone colour scheme with 50:50 split seats at the rear. It gets a touch screen infotainment system and steering mounted audio controls too. The Maruti Ignis concept gets a 4WD system with hill descent control. Expect Maruti Suzuki to offer ABS and EBD as standard on all variants.
The Ignis may come with the 1.2 -litre K -Series petrol unit and the 1,3-litre DDiS SHVS diesel unit. Maruti Suzuki will launch the Ignis later this year and it will retail through Nexa outlets.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 4.89 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030