2016 Auto Expo: Maruti Baleno RS concept with 1.0-litre Boosterjet unveiled
Maruti Suzuki have unveiled the new Baleno RS Concept with a direct injection 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine at the Auto Expo 2016. The Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS is based on a new lightweight chassis which is said to be developed specifically for this model.
The new 3-cylinder turbopetrol engine is called Boosterjet and produces 112PS and 175Nm. It is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. When launched, the new Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS will compete with the Volkswagen Polo TSI, Ford Figo 1.5l petrol and the Fiat Abarth Punto. There is a new lip spoiler and other body kit for the Baleno RS concept. Inside, the seats get a different stitching while the RS logo in yellow is embossed on the seats.
The Maruti Baleno RS concept is expected to go on sale towards the second half of the festive season in India. Expect it to be priced very competitively.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 9.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.17 Lakhs
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old
- Indian Highways - And our "Delicious Dhabas"
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?
- Suzuki Avenis 125cc scooter launched in India with prices starting at Rs 86,700
- Next-generation Hyundai Verna spotted testing ahead of 2022 reveal