2016 Auto Expo: Maruti Baleno RS concept with 1.0-litre Boosterjet unveiled
Maruti Suzuki have unveiled the new Baleno RS Concept with a direct injection 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine at the Auto Expo 2016. The Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS is based on a new lightweight chassis which is said to be developed specifically for this model.
The new 3-cylinder turbopetrol engine is called Boosterjet and produces 112PS and 175Nm. It is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. When launched, the new Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS will compete with the Volkswagen Polo TSI, Ford Figo 1.5l petrol and the Fiat Abarth Punto. There is a new lip spoiler and other body kit for the Baleno RS concept. Inside, the seats get a different stitching while the RS logo in yellow is embossed on the seats.
The Maruti Baleno RS concept is expected to go on sale towards the second half of the festive season in India. Expect it to be priced very competitively.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 9.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched, prices start from Rs 39.90 lakh
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet