2016 Auto Expo: Mahindra XUV Aero concept unveiled
Mahindra has just showcased its first show car ever from its Design Studio, the XUV Aero. This is a concept, which is based on the XUV500, designed by Pininfarina and gets a coupe-like tail end similar to the BMW X6 and Mercedes-Benz GLE. It carries the same muscular shoulder lines seen in in XUV500 all around the car and neat LED DRLs, headlamps and tail lamps. Open the suicide doors and you'll step into a brown and black dual tone interior with sporty, body hugging seats. There's also an Apple iPad that serves as the infotainment screen mounted to the centre console. The instrument console is fully digital, while the temperature readouts are in the AC vents. The rear seats, which are individual, also get individual Apple iPads. The interior also offers decent headroom despite its coupe-like design.
Powering this car is a 2.2-litre mHawk based engine that can handle upto 210PS and 470Nm of torque. The company claims that the this car will hit the ton in under six seconds. Mahindra has also given the XUV Aero four driving modes - Sport, Race, Street and offroad. To get all that power on the road efficiently the Mahindra XUV Aero uses 265/40 section tyres that wrap a gorgeous set of 20-inch wheels.
With the coupe-like design gaining quite a bit of popularity in the market, it's nice to see an Indian manufacturer develop a vehicle like this. Although this is just concept, Anand Mahindra seemed more than happy to get this on the road if he got a good response from customers. We will be quite happy to see that happen too.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 73.7 Lakhs
- Tata Tiago EV launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.49 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.45 lakh
- Facelifted Tata Harrier spotted testing, expected to debut in early 2023
- Are Hybrids the Answer? And Should The Path To Electric Mobility Be Via Strong Hybrids?
- Price Comparison: Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Vs Hyundai Creta Vs Skoda Kushaq Vs Kia Seltos Vs Volkswagen Taigun Vs MG Astor