2016 Auto Expo: Audi showcases S3 Cabriolet
Last year, Audi took the brave step of launching the A3 Cabriolet in India, making them the only manufacturer to offer a convertible based on a sedan in that segment. Now, the company has shown the spicier S3 version of the A3 Cabriolet at the 2016 Auto Expo that offers the same style but with a lot more substance.
Powering the S3 is a 2.0-litre four cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that makes 300PS and 380Nm which is sent to all four wheels via a 6-speed dual clutch transmission. That makes it a far more potent machine than the 180PS front wheel drive A3 Cabriolet that is currently available.
Expect Audi to launch the S3 Cabriolet some time in 2016 at a price considerably higher than the current A3 Cabriolet's Rs 44.75 lakh mark and some where close to the Rs 62.95 lakh S5 Sportback
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh