2016 Auto Expo: Audi R8 V10 Plus launched in India at Rs 2.47 crore
Audi launched the new R8 V10 Plus today at the Auto Expo 2016. The car has been launched at Rs 2.47 crore (ex-Mumbai).
The new Audi R8 V10 Plus uses a 5.2-litre V10 motor that makes 610PS and 560Nm mated to a seven-speed S tronic transmission. The car shares almost fifty per cent of its components with the Audi R8 LMS race car, like the Audi spaceframe and the V10 engine. And this also part of the reason why the car delivers such performance - 0-100kmph in 3.2 seconds and a top speed of 330kmph. The LMS tech that has been incorporated also makes the new R8 50kg lighter and 40 per cent stiffer than the outgoing model.
Like all other high performance Audis, the R8 also gets quattro with an elector-hydraulically activated clutch. It also gets Audi Drive select and a ton of options to customize the look of your car. The car also features cylinder on-demand which switches five of the ten cylinders to improve efficiency if you are not in the need for full performance from your car.
The car also features all of the Audi tech that includes the MMI, Audi Virtual Cockpit and all the safety tech you can think of.
Oh, and if you do buy one, Audi will also throw in a free training session at the Audi Sportscar Experience on the BIC.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- Tata Tiago EV launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.49 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.45 lakh
- Facelifted Tata Harrier spotted testing, expected to debut in early 2023
- Are Hybrids the Answer? And Should The Path To Electric Mobility Be Via Strong Hybrids?
- Price Comparison: Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Vs Hyundai Creta Vs Skoda Kushaq Vs Kia Seltos Vs Volkswagen Taigun Vs MG Astor