2016 Auto Expo: 2016 Isuzu D-Max to be showcased, spied in India
Isuzu entered the commercial space in India with the D-Max commercial pickup. It couldn't do much for the brand. Perhaps, that's the reason Isuzu is planning to launch the new D-Max in India.
The new Isuzu D-Max looks far more appealing than the earlier version as it gets a chunky and muscular chrome grille and swept-back dual barrel headlamps. Isuzu will launch the new D-Max in both passenger and commercial segments. The passenger version will be a twin cab model with rugged all-terrain tyres as standard. The commercial variant will be simple single cab model with a large loading bay. We expect the new D-Max to sport better interiors with a modern cabin and other premium features.
The bigger news however, is that the second-generation Isuzu D-Max gets a new 2.5-litre diesel motor that is good for 280Nm of torque and 136PS of power. Both, the single-cab and the double-cab versions will use the same engine. Isuzu will showcase both the versions of the second-gen D-Max at the 2016 Auto Expo and will be launched in India this year. The MU-X will follow suit too, to replace the MU-7 SUV. Though the test mules of the new D-Max seen here were spotted around Chennai (where Isuzu currently produces the outgoing D-Max and MU-7), the second-generation D-Max and the upcoming MU-X SUV will be manufactured at Isuzu's new plant in Andhra Pradesh.
Starts Rs 15.54 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh