2016 Auto Expo: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS to be showcased
Chevrolet in addition to a slew of vehicles of all sorts and segments, will also be showcasing the Camaro SS, an iconic muscle car at the Auto Expo. Clubbed in the same segment as the Mustang, the Camaro is powered by a big block V8 that develops 455 horsepower. If the Mustang turns out to be a success, it would make a good case for Chevrolet to introduce the Camaro here as well.
For those with little knowledge of the Camaro, think Bumblebee from the epic blockbuster Hollywood film, the Transformers. The yellow car with the twin black racing stripes running down the centre, that's the Camaro. Historically the Camaro was first introduced in 1967 to go up against the Ford Mustang, so the relationship these two cars share goes back to nearly 5 decades.
Updated recently in May 2015, the 6th generation Camaro SS is nearly 100 kilos lighter than the previous generation car. There are three engine variants of the Camaro, the SS though has the top of the line full fat V8 that displaces 6.2-litres. It's a front engine rear wheel drive setup but with several electronics to keep its edge sharp.
It would be interesting to follow the fortunes of the Ford Mustang to see if it inspires Chevrolet India to offer the Camaro here as well.
Starts Rs 74.62 Lakhs
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application