2016: A dramatic year
I lost my wife to illness this year. It was the single biggest event in my life since I was born. But this column marks the end of 2016 and it isn't, for me, a place of regret or sorrow. It's a year that marks my ability to hold back the tears, keep my chin up, and move forward with purpose and determination. My Arti would be proud.
But as I look back on my columns this year, I find Death very much a big player. Here are the columns that you all read most of all this year.
Every bullshit helmet argument answered - October 20, 2016
"First, until you have a helmet that you think matches the importance of your head, you shouldn't be riding. Again, this is context-free. It doesn't matter what bike you have. Second, if you have a smartphone you did in fact have the money to purchase a really good helmet and you chose where to spend that money."
Life lessons from the wife - July 23, 2016
"But here I am. She's not here with me. And this is my new reality. I have a profound sense of loss. Given how much she went through, more than a small measure of relief as well. That's a strange set of feelings to mix. When I prod these feelings, a memory reminds me that my Arti was far wiser and prescient than I knew."
Death and motorcycles - April 21, 2016
"That's why it's our fault. The media cherry-picks facts to suit what they think Google/readers will be tickled by. There's more. It's sad that 99 per cent of Indian big bikes owners ride pitifully often. It's all show and barely any go. I find it hard to believe that they alone are demonstrating their lack of riding skills and judgement every six minutes by smearing themselves into walls, lamp posts and other cars."
Starts Rs 8,84,000
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector