2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid launched in India at Rs 31.92 lakh
Toyota has introduced the refreshed Camry in India at Rs 31.92 lakh, ex-Delhi. The new Toyota Camry was globally unveiled last year and has finally made its way to the Indian shores. Like before, it comes in as a CBU and is also available in a regular petrol trim which is priced at Rs 28.8 lakh. Toyota says that the hybrid sold 523 units while only 197 petrol variants moved out from the showrooms last year.
Changes to the new Toyota Camry include use of chrome on the front bumper and grille, trapezoidal headlamps with LED daytime running lamps, revised side skirts, new alloys and tail lamps with an energy efficient LED design. Inside the cabin, Toyota have made use of a blue mood lighting, subtle revisions to the dashboard and hi-res screen for the touchscreen infotainment system as well as the digital display between the meters. The upholstery is also revised and comes in a beige colour.
There are no changes to the powertrain which essentially means a 2.5-litre motor that makes 181PS in the petrol variant and 160PS in the hybrid. For the hybrid Toyota Camry, a 143PS electric motor is also mated that bumps the total output to 205PS, simply because both the petrol and hybrid motors make their peak power at a different point. While the petrol-only Toyota Camry is mated to a 6-speed sequential shift automatic, the hybrid comes mated to a electronically controlled CVT.
Starts Rs 37.88 Lakhs
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application