2015 Tata Bolt to be launched in India on January 20
Tata Motors will launch the highly anticipated Bolt hatchback in India on January 20, 2015. The Indian marque has already started accepting bookings online for the Bolt.
The Bolt is a handsome evolution of the Vista design
The Bolt has been built on the same platform as the Indica Vista X11. However, unlike the Vista which looked very much like a grown Indica, the Bolt looks all-new. Tata says all the panels are new and not just reworked. The Zest which was launched in 2014 is the sedan version of the Bolt and both the cars have the same front end. Except that there is no DRL in the hatchback. Tata has given the Bolt some very unique features though. These include projector lamps with a smoked effect, floating roof effect at the rear and hi-res touchscreen infotainment system with navigation. Then there is also the fact that it's the first in its class to get a turbopetrol engine. The Bolt gets a 90PS 1.2l motor that like its bigger brother the Zest, has three driving modes. There is also the 1.3l Fiat-derived Multijet engine which makes 75PS. Unlike the Zest though, there is no AMT transmission on offer and the lone manual is a five-speed unit.
The Bolt will go up against hatchbacks like the Swift, Micra and the Volkswagen Polo. Watch out for a comprehensive comparison soon from OVERDRIVE.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Tata Bolt
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh