2015 Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe unveiled
The Mercedes GLE Coupe has been unveiled ahead of its world premier. One look at it and it's clear, it's here to take on the BMW X6.
The GLE Coupe will be available with an option of either diesel or petrol with an output of 258PS and 333PS, respectively. A range topping AMG sports model will also be available and will be powered by a V6 bi-turbo petrol engine which is to produce 367PS of power and 520 Nm of torque.
Hardware includes 9G-tronic, dual clutch, 9-speed gearbox with 4Matic permanent all-wheel drive. The GLE will ship with a set of 275/50 R20 tyres or sportier 21-inch or 22-inch options.
The interiors are based on the M-Class but the Coupe gets new centre AC vents, infotainment display, sports steering and sports seats. Nappa leather and wood, silver and aluminium accents adorn the cabin.
The GLE Coupe measures 4,900mm in length, 2,003mm in width and is 1,731mm tall with a wheelbase of 2,915mm. In comparison, the X6 is 4,909mm long, 1,989mm wide and 1,702mm tall, with a wheelbase of 2,933mm.
As Mercedes' attempt to take on the BMW X6, this AMG version is loaded with aggressive styling and heaps of power. The Mercedes GLE Coupe will be launched officially in the later part of 2015.
Starts Rs 73.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 95 Lakhs
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh