2015 Istanbul Motor Show: Fiat Aegea unveiled
Fiat has just unveiled the Aegea at the 2015 Istanbul Motor Show in Turkey. The 4.5-metre sedan will replace the now ageing Linea.
The car looks stunning from every angle and features subtle design cues from other luxury carmakers. The face, for instance is reminiscent of current BMWs - note the large grille that merges with the headlights. The bonnet features sharp creases on either side as well as the centre. There is a single chrome strip that runs on the underside of the grille.
The sides feature cuts and creases too with the high shoulder line reminding one of the BMW 5-series. The rear looks like the an amalgamation of BMW's once famous Bangle Butt and the Aston Martin One-77 tail lamps. The roof features two prominent ridges that are also seen on the BMW M3. The overall design looks premium and makes the car look like one from a segment above.
The interior is completely new and does look like a step up from the current Linea. The steering wheel looks like that of the Fiat 500 and is festooned with an array of buttons. The instrument cluster is all new and houses a Multi Information Display (MID). The centre console has Fiat's new infotainment system that's christened Uconnect.
Fiat will launch the Aegea in Turkey by the end of this year. Expect Fiat to showcase and launch the Aegea in India at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. The car will compete with the Honda City, Hyundai 4S Verna, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Ford Fiesta and the Toyota Vios, if the company launches it in India.
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.45 lakh
- Tata Tiago EV launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.49 lakh
- Facelifted Tata Harrier spotted testing, expected to debut in early 2023
- Are Hybrids the Answer? And Should The Path To Electric Mobility Be Via Strong Hybrids?
- Price Comparison: Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Vs Hyundai Creta Vs Skoda Kushaq Vs Kia Seltos Vs Volkswagen Taigun Vs MG Astor