2015 Geneva Motor Show: Skoda Octavia RS 230
While we were enjoying driving the Octavia RS in Prague a few days back, the blokes at Mladá Boleslav were busy preparing their fastest series-production Skoda yet - the Octavia RS 230. As the name suggests, the RS 230 manages to extract 230 horses from its 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine, as opposed to the 220PS on the regular Octavia RS. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission by default (a DSG gearbox is optional) and manages to sprint from naught to 100kmph in 6.7s, 0.1 seconds faster than the RS. Top speed has been bumped up to 250 kmph which is 2 kmph faster than the RS. The Octavia RS 230 will also be the first Skoda to offer an electronically controlled differential front axle lock as standard fitment.
The Octavia RS 230 will be a limited edition model and will go on sale in Europe by June 2015. Meanwhile, we'll keep wishing for the regular RS at least.
For more stories from the Geneva Motor Show 2015, click here.
Starts Rs 25.99 Lakhs
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- Living with an electric car: Mumbai-Pune roadtrip in a Tata Nexon EV
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.30 lakh
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works