2015 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Sport Line launched in India at Rs 39.90 lakh
BMW India have added a new variant to the popular 3 GT line up. The BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Sport Line is priced at Rs 39.90 lakh ex-Delhi and sits below the Luxury Line which retails at Rs 44.50 lakh. It is also assembled at BMW's Chennai facility.
The new BMW 3 Series GT Sport Line gets gloss black kidney grilles, door sills with the 'BMW Sport' logo in aluminium and matte black side window frames. Even the tail pipes are in black chrome colour. For the interiors, BMW designers have done up the seats in red contrast stitching while the trim is done in fine wood. The interior ambient lighting can be varied depending on the requirement from the iDrive system. BMW have also added a red stripe to the 3 GT Sport Line's key, to give it a sporty touch.
Other changes that differentiate it from the top-end Luxury Line include the omission of the panoramic sunroof, leather upholstery and chrome in the cabin. The Sport Line also gets a different alloy wheel pattern. The brown and silver exterior colour options are not available in this variant.
The BMW 3 Series GT Sport Line though is powered by the same 187PS/380Nm 2.0-litre TwinPower Turbo diesel motor which is good for a 0-100kmph sprint of 8.5s and a claimed top speed of 226kmph. In our tests, the 3 GT delivered an overall fuel efficiency of 16.1kmpl.
More from OVERDRIVE onthe BMW 3 Series GT:
Exclusive: 2014 BMW 3 GT India road test
Starts Rs 41.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 50.7 Lakhs
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each