2014 Tata Nano Twist XT launched in India at Rs 2.36 lakh
Tata Motors have launched the much-awaited power steering variant of the Nano in India. The Tata Nano Twist is available in a single variant, XT, and is priced at Rs 2.36 lakh, ex-Delhi. This price is approximately Rs 14,000 more than the top-end non power-steering version of the Tata Nano. The Twist XT has a ZF-developed brushless motor power steering which also gets its own ECU which is placed under the dashboard.
We have driven the new car. To read about our first drive impression, click here.
The steering system also gets Active Return, a feature, which returns the steering wheel to its original position once a turn has been executed. Tata claims that this feature improves stability and hence driver confidence at higher speeds.
2014 Tata Nano Twist XT in India. Click on the image for full Tata Nano Twist image gallery
Tata have retained the 4m turning radius from the non-assisted variant. While there are no changes to the exteriors save for the new Damson Purple colour, the interiors get a refresh. The Tata Nano Twist XT gets a revised instrument cluster with driver information system, digital clock and average fuel economy indicator. There is also a distance to empty feature as well. The Nano though is still powered by a 624cc 2-cylinder petrol motors which makes 38PS and is mated to a 4-speed manual transmission. Tata Motors claims 25kmpl fuel efficiency for the Nano petrol.
Bookings for the Nano XT start from today.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector