2014 Mini Cooper 3-and 5-door variants launched in India at Rs 31.85 lakh and Rs 35.20 lakh
Mini has launched the new Cooper 3- and 5-door at Rs 31.85 lakh and 35.20 lakh ex-showroom pan-India. Both these cars are available only in their diesel guise as of now.
The Mini Coopers while retaining the basic silhouette that we have come to associate with the brand are all-new. BMW engineers have added some extra length to the car and the width as well as wheelbase have grown too. Features which distinguish it from older model are LED headlamps, daytime running lamps, blacked out pillars and chunkier wheels. Inside the cabin, the central instrument cluster now moves behind its logical place, behind the steering wheel and so do the dashboard placed power window switches which are now on the doors. A big screen, similar to ones we have seen in BMW cars is now placed in the centre console and is controlled via a BMW-esque iDrive controller. Abroad, the Mini is available with multiple engine options, however in India, it comes in only with the three-cylinder 1.5-litre diesel motor that makes 114PS and 270Nm of torque. The claimed fuel efficiency is 21.15kmpl.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Mini cars
Starts Rs 38 Lakhs
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots