2014 Auto Expo: Yamaha launches Alpha scooter in India at Rs 49,518
Yamaha has launched its third scooter in India at the Auto Expo 2014. Called Alpha and priced at Rs 49,518 ex-Delhi, the scooter is a unisex unit and looks muscular sitting atop the Ray's platform. The Yamaha Alpha has a 113cc heart which is expected to have the same power and torque figures as the Ray and Ray Z. Yamaha claims a fuel efficiency of 62kmpl from the Alpha. The Alpha uses a telescopic front suspension and an upright rear suspension. Yamaha claims that the seat is broader and wider than the Ray's and provides excellent riding comfort.
The Alpha is available in five colours- black, gray, red, white and magenta. Yamaha also gave a name to their mascot at the Auto Expo 2014. The mascot, Zippy promotes child safety and educates kids and their parents alike about traffic sense and road manners.
Starts Rs 52,702
Starts Rs 50,817
- Every Drop Counts: India's most fuel-efficient cars of 2021
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched, prices start from Rs 39.90 lakh
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700