2014 Auto Expo: Yamaha launches Alpha scooter in India at Rs 49,518
Yamaha has launched its third scooter in India at the Auto Expo 2014. Called Alpha and priced at Rs 49,518 ex-Delhi, the scooter is a unisex unit and looks muscular sitting atop the Ray's platform. The Yamaha Alpha has a 113cc heart which is expected to have the same power and torque figures as the Ray and Ray Z. Yamaha claims a fuel efficiency of 62kmpl from the Alpha. The Alpha uses a telescopic front suspension and an upright rear suspension. Yamaha claims that the seat is broader and wider than the Ray's and provides excellent riding comfort.
The Alpha is available in five colours- black, gray, red, white and magenta. Yamaha also gave a name to their mascot at the Auto Expo 2014. The mascot, Zippy promotes child safety and educates kids and their parents alike about traffic sense and road manners.
Starts Rs 52,702
Starts Rs 50,817
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.30 lakh
- Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 road test review