2014 Auto Expo: Toyota Corolla Altis unveiled
Toyota has taken the wraps off the all new Corolla Altis and the immediate positive is that the car looks a lot more youthful and dynamic than its rather droll predecessor. The exteriors get features like LED elements in the headlamps while the interiors are all new as well.
Toyota is also making sure the Altis is rich on features with details like push button start, keyless entry, rain sensing wipers, paddle shifters and more. There's also a 7-inch touchscreen with all the connectivity options you would need.
Cabin space was the old Altis' strong point and this car get even more of it. Wheelbase has been extended by 100mm from 2600 to 2700mm and this has resulted in extended leg room. So much so that Toyota claims it is the most spacious in its category. The space has been boosted by pushing the wheels further into the corners. That should also help in improve the driving dynamics. Toyota claims to have also optimised the driving position.
Engines will remain similar to the old car. Both the petrol and diesel get a 6-speed manual while buyers can choose the likeable CVT auto with seven programmed shift points.
Toyota has already opened bookings for the new Altis. We expect prices to be marginally higher than the outgoing Altis. Look out for our full road test soon. Toyota may very well have a winner on their hands.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030