2014 Auto Expo: Mahindra Quanto autoSHIFT transmission unveiled
Mahindra has showcased a Quanto with an all new 5-Speed Autoshift transmission which has been developed in collaboration with Ricardo.
The new Mahindra transmission has been developed in order to provide the convenience of an automatic gearbox with the important advantages of a manual transmission.
Some of the technological advancements include an electronic control and hydraulic actuation system that senses the demand of the driver and changes gears automatically based on a optimized shift map that leads to better fuel efficiency.
Along with this Mahindra has also showcased its regenerative braking technology. It works by harnessing kinetic energy through an alternator which is then stored in a battery. This cycle reduces the need for generation during travel reducing fuel consumption and emission as well.
The regenerative braking system is claimed by manufacturers to reduce fuel consumption by a whopping 40 litres in a year. This technology will soon find its way in to Mahindra's existing and future models.
Want to know how automated manual transmission works? Click here
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh