2013 Hyosung GT650R launched in India
Hyosung feel that the similarity of the design between the GT650R and the GT250R has been one of the reasons why 650 buyers are not getting the exclusivity the more expensive motorcycle commands. The fix is the styling update to the GT650R that has being rolled out now at a price of Rs 4.79 lakh ex-Delhi. Unfortunately, this is a purely cosmetic update. The changes start with the projector headlamps that sit in a slimmer looking vertical unit while the entire top fairing has been tweaked for a sleeker, more contemporary look. The flyscreen has also been trimmed and looks smarter. The motorcycle does look fitter up front but the visual mass at the rear is unchanged. We believe the GT650R would have benefitted from updated ergonomics - a lower reach to the clip-on bars, a slightly less canted over riding position and a better seat would have improved the feel of the motorcycle. The sole mechanical change, though, is the new KYB suspension that makes the motorcycle a bit better in steering response and gives it slightly better ride quality.
The company will also be launching a 250cc single cylinder motorcycle towards the end of 2013.
Starts Rs 4,79,000
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years
- NewsRoyal Enfield launches all-new riding jackets, priced from Rs 4,950 onward
- NewsIndian EV manufacturer BGauss inaugurates first dealership, commences deliveries of A2 and B8
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe