2012 Mercedes A-Class production begins
Mercedes have started production of the new Mercedes A-Class at its Rastatt plant in Germany. The new B-Class and the upcoming compact SUV will also roll from the same line. Company officials say that the A-Class has garnered more than 40,000 orders ever since bookings were announced in mid-June while the B-Class has found more than 70,000 new homes since its launch in November 2011.
"This start of production marks a further milestone in our Mercedes-Benz 2020 growth strategy. The A-Class represents our offensive in the compact segment", said Dieter Zetsche, chairman of the board of management of Daimler AG and head of Mercedes-Benz Cars. "And there is more to come: The compact SUV will be the third model we will build here in Rastatt."
- First Ola electric car to be a large sedan
- 2022 Hyundai Venue facelift: Prices and variants explained
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be available in 4 variants and 9 colour options
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works