2012 BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched in India
BMW has launched its 4-door 640d Gran Coupe in India at a price of Rs 86.40 lakh ex-showroom. A TwinPower Turbo 313PS engine powers the Gran Coupe allowing it the luxury to race from 0-100kmph in just a claimed 5.4 seconds all the way to a top whack of 250kmph. The Gran Coupe joins the current two-door coupe and convertible variants of the 6 Series in India. It looks identical to its cousins save for the addition of frameless rear doors. However, the Gran Coupe has a slightly longer wheelbase than the other 6 Series variants at 2968mm.
With the dash layout being borrowed from the 6 Series Coupe, the interiors are bespoke and reek of high quality. An M Sports package is available for those looking for extra pizzazz. BMW intends to launch four new products including the face-lifted X6, X1, 2013 7 Series and the 1 Series in the coming months. Local production of the 7 Series will start mid-2013. Towards the end of next year, the 1 Series hatchback will join the already burgeoning lineup of India-assembled cars like the X1 and X3 SUVs and the 3,5 and 7 Series sedans.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector