2012 BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched in India
BMW has launched its 4-door 640d Gran Coupe in India at a price of Rs 86.40 lakh ex-showroom. A TwinPower Turbo 313PS engine powers the Gran Coupe allowing it the luxury to race from 0-100kmph in just a claimed 5.4 seconds all the way to a top whack of 250kmph. The Gran Coupe joins the current two-door coupe and convertible variants of the 6 Series in India. It looks identical to its cousins save for the addition of frameless rear doors. However, the Gran Coupe has a slightly longer wheelbase than the other 6 Series variants at 2968mm.
With the dash layout being borrowed from the 6 Series Coupe, the interiors are bespoke and reek of high quality. An M Sports package is available for those looking for extra pizzazz. BMW intends to launch four new products including the face-lifted X6, X1, 2013 7 Series and the 1 Series in the coming months. Local production of the 7 Series will start mid-2013. Towards the end of next year, the 1 Series hatchback will join the already burgeoning lineup of India-assembled cars like the X1 and X3 SUVs and the 3,5 and 7 Series sedans.
- Mahindra debuts two EV sub-brands, five EV concepts, launch from December 2024
- 2022 Hyundai Tucson review, first drive - More, for more
- Spec Comparison: Hyundai Tucson Vs Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan Vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Upcoming Audi Q3 bookings commence from Rs 2 lakh
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works