12,375 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezzas sold in May, breaks its monthly sales record
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has been doing wonders for the brand since its launch in March, 2016 not that the brand was in need of any wonders, with over a 50 per cent market share in the country. The Vitara Brezza set a monthly sales record in April 2017, selling 10,653 units. In May 2017, it broke its own record, selling 12,375 units. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza hit the 1 lakh sales mark in February 2017, and has become the bestselling compact SUV, beating even the Hyundai Creta and the Ford EcoSport. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was the highest sold new launch in 2016, and had received over 2 lakh bookings at the beginning of this year.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza had won the 2017 Indian Car of the Year Award and the 2017 CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Award for Car of the Year. This year, the Vitara Brezza has managed to hold its ground against its newest rival, the Honda WR-V too. The Brezza uses a 1.3-litre multijet diesel engine producing 90PS of power and 200Nm of torque, coupled with a 5-speed manual transmission. There were also reports of Maruti's plans to introduce a petrol variant of the Vitara Brezza soon and AMT options for both engines.
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.74 Lakhs
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each
- NewsNew Hyundai entry-level SUV named Bayon
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests