11,002 units of the Jeep Compass recalled to update software
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India has recalled 11,002 units of its Jeep Compass SUV. This affects two-wheel drive models manufactured between December 18, 2017, and November 30, 2018. Being updated are the powertrain control module (PCM) software. The current software might cause variations leading to non-compliance with emission norms. There is no risk to occupant of these cars from this
Jeep's authorized dealers will contact vehicle owners directly to fix appointments to update the PCM software from the first week of March onwards. cars present in dealer stockyards will be similarly updated.
Speaking to a news agency about the recall, the company said, "This action is to correct production variations that may cause certain vehicles to exceed the regulatory threshold for particulate matter emissions This software refresh takes around 15 minutes and will be carried out at no cost to customers."
The Jeep Compass has been a big success for the brand in India. It comes with a wide range of trim and engine options. It gets a 2.0 litre diesel motor with 173PS and 350 Nm and a 1.4 turbo petrol with 163PS and 250 Nm. The two transmission options are a six-speed manual and seven-speed dual-clutch auto. AWD is also available. Coming soon is a more off-road focused top-spec Trailhawk trim which should get a more advanced nine-speed torque convertor, among a host of other off-road friendly equipment.
Starts Rs 16.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector